-->

Sunday 28 April 2013

42: Vishwajit Yagnya- (Agni Sukta)

(In a hidden sanctum, veiled to mortal eyes -
Time readied to perform the yagnya of Fire on ice.
Barefooted -the banished son walked on frozen floor -
To appease Agni and take mankind's call to heaven's door.
With closed eyes,for the sake of man.
Escaping mortal lips- the sacred hymn began -)

"On the altar of truth, O Messenger of the Lords !
Heed my call as I invoke the Gods-
Now has been lit the mighty fire sacred
May all that you devour turn consecrated.

O Agni! Humble offerings I make at your sacred pyre
The sacrifice completed -may you accord what we aspire

These primal oblations now I pour into your fire
I offer my cherished dreams and all that I desire:
Like dead grass may these fuel you to greater grow -
Lift me higher with your flames - lend me your radiant glow!

Now, I shed to you my flaws and all my vice:
Burn them to ashes,for with blood I have paid the price.
To Serve you only, rid me of my imperfection and  disease.
Come forth reside in me- from useless bonds offer me release.

Next into the fire I now joyfully pour -
Feasting on this may you fiercely roar.
My actions of Past, present and the future time.
My Karma, My works and all that is mine

The final sacrifice this flawed mortal shalt now make -
Immaculate Fire, my soul is now truly yours to take.
The same fire that now blazes before my eyes
Burns within me now, emancipating my rise.

The same fire that hath kindled the Sun -
See it burning ,O Agni, in the eyes of the chosen one .
Consume this too , O, every God's harbinger
Time is ripe. Let darkness feel thy scorching anger

By your grace, I am now a part of you-
Now I can perceive the inferno that shalt ensue,
Holy one! Engulf this globe in your fiery cocoon
Help us establish a place for the gods to arrive soon.

Lord Agni! hither you have brought the Gods-
Once again these divine kings shalt reign over their wards.
Ashwini kumars of the nimble steed led by Indra-
Also have arrived mighty Maruts ,Father Varuna and Mitra.
O Vishwedewas come forth, ascend your golden throne,
And endow man with the ambrosia- Soma has sworn."  

Earth now stands bathed in your golden light
Redemption is now complete, darkness has taken flight.
She is now awake from her forzen slumber -
The golden destiny has been reached, now no force can encumber!


3 comments:

  1. the time is nigh,
    whispered the poet to the prophet
    the hour of the baphomet
    has finally arrived
    unsheathe thy blazing sword
    for the time is high

    weary is the extended hand of justice
    she can no longer hold the balance straight
    so bring down thy sword
    upon this forsaken herd
    the hour of reckoning is nigh

    they did not heed the heaven's sign
    and now they stand arrayed in a line
    shamefaced with sin for the strike of sword
    so strike my longest hope
    strike without mercy or thought
    for in thy wrath they shall be purified


    ReplyDelete
  2. Striketh with love, O, upholder of all that is right:
    Baphomet and his minnions shalt give up the fight.
    Two lone brothers celebrate in this darkest night,
    For tomorrow, love, you shalt bathe us in naked light!

    ReplyDelete