-->

Sunday 17 March 2013

24) The monster in the mirror

I desperately scoured my world from end to end ,
To arms with my finest sabre and shield to defend.
For I sought to savagely crush,tear and rend -
"That ugly creature off the earth's face, i shall send."

It's attacks i knew i could confidently fend:
Banishing only would help my wounds mend.
"All it's wrong would i someday be able to amend?"
In answer i only gripped my blade - my closest friend.

"That foul beast ,i would surely make it humbly bend !"
But I knew not how and where my path would tend.
As I traveled further i found that my path was round;
The circular journey was merely taking me home-bound.

Disappointed I wearily looked towards the ground,
I was back to the start , where my path had unwound.
And it was then, I distinctly heard it's eerie sound -
Startled in it's direction I hurriedly turned around.

It was then that I saw its outline and frowned.
Alas! In my mirror- my monster i had found!!

No comments:

Post a Comment